Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Time For An Update

Hi readers! I've been long overdue for a new post, but I didn't abandon you out of laziness. On the contrary, I've been super busy this past month!

Exciting news first: I've been published in The Mary Sue! This has been a years-long dream for me. The Mary Sue is a wonderful site that covers diversity and feminism in the media, and the thoughtful articles and commenters have really shaped the way I think about these complex issues. You can read my piece on Asian American casting in Hollywood here: http://www.themarysue.com/asians-are-interchangeable-casting/

I've also had a personal essay published by HelloGiggles, which is a huge step writing career-wise. My essay on revisiting childhood homes also means a lot to me, and hopefully resonates with people out there. You can read it here: http://hellogiggles.com/revisited-childhood-home/

Besides that, I've been busy reviewing The Expanse and Daredevil over at PopMatters, as well as a few shows like The Magicians at TV Fanatic. I also regularly contribute pieces for Tell-Tale TV. So check it out!

And in general, you can click on the "My Writing" tab above to find a current list of all my published articles.

Thanks for following, and expect more content shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment